We offer the use of the lodge which is located on a sheep and cattle farm on the edge of the Rangitikei River.
Your stay includes:
All beds required fully made with linen, pillows and blankets. Towells, flannels and bathmats for use inside the lodge during your stay.
Towels to use outside the lodge at the hot tub and the river.
Shampoo, conditioner, liquid soap, body lotion, toilet paper, coffee, tea, sugar, oil.
A luxury level continental breakfast with bread, cereal, butter, spreads, peanut butter, locally produced honey, yogurt, milk, when staying the night.
*Daily housekeeping can be arranged by request and additional fees will apply.
Full payment is required to confirm booking.
- Cancellations before 91 days prior to check in, 100% of payment is refundable
- Cancellation within 90 to 60 days prior to check in, 50% of payment is refundable.
- Cancellation within 60 to 30 days prior to check in, 25% of payment is refundable.
- Cancellation within 30 days prior to check in or no shows, NO refunds.
Bookings made for the period 22nd December & 1st February and bookings for the Easter period:
- Cancelled before 9 months prior to check in, 100% of payment is refundable
- Cancelled within 9 and 6 months prior to check in, 50% of payment is refundable.
- Cancelled within 6 months and 4 months prior to check in, 25% of payment is refundable.
- Cancelled within 4 months prior to check in, NO refunds.
If requested seven days prior to check in, booking dates can be transferred depending upon availability.
Cancellations due to exceptional circumstances, such as a global pandemic, natural disaster or closure of New Zealand’s borders, will be considered on a case by case basis.
*Weddings have their own Cancellation Policy
From 3 pm. Earlier check in might be possible by arrangement and depending on availability.
Staff from Rathmoy Estate may not be present at your arrival, in that case the lodge will be open for you or we will provide a personal code to enter the lodge.
By 11 am. Later check out by arrangement only. Please note that any check out past 1pm is considered an additional day and can be charged accordingly.
The number of people occupying the Lodge, including visitors and guests is, under no circumstances, to exceed the number of people shown on the booking confirmation, unless prior arrangements have been made directly with Rathmoy Estate.
No functions or parties unless agreed prior to the booking. Additional functions and events rate applies.
We welcome children.
For babies there is a port-a-cot available at $30 per booking. (Use of a high chair with straps and food tray is complementary.)
If a bed is to be used by a child, normal full rates will apply.
Pets are welcome to stay in the open fire room. We encourage guests to bring them a bed. Excessive hairs on carpets and furniture may incur extra cleaning costs.
The lodge is located on a working sheep & beef farm and the river nearby the lodge.
The property has multiple hazards associated with the rural activities carried out upon it and these are summarized as follows:
a) Tracks are only roughly formed and no responsibility is accepted for any accident or misadventure that may arise from any vehicular activity except where qualified farm staff are responsible for operating the vehicle concerned.
b) Some fences on the property are electrified for animal control purposes and no responsibility is accepted for any accident or misadventure that may occur to visitors should they have contact with a live wire.
c) The terrain on the property is easy hill country that includes sideling and river streams with overgrown and steep banks. Traversing such country should be undertaken with due caution and in the event of uncertainty all visitors should avoid that land they consider to be beyond their physical capability or such terrain that might lead to or is likely to cause an accident.
d) The livestock on the property is primarily sheep and beef and some bulls and it is advisable to avoid open paddocks without the express authority of the land owner.
e) Firearms are used in some areas of the farm for pest control purposes and during Duck and Pheasant shooting season.
Responsibilities of the Guest:
- Guests are expected to take all reasonable care of the Lodge and surroundings during their stay and to leave it clean and tidy after departure. If Rathmoy Lodge finds that the Lodge and surroundings have not been left in a reasonable condition, a cleaning charge will be applied.
- Guests are responsible for the safety of children and pets which must not be left unattended under any circusntances.
- The guests are responsible to take precautions while driving on the farm road to and from the lodge and the speed limit should be less than 30 kilometers per hour.
- The guests are responsible for their own safety and welfare
The guest must pay the costs to repair any damages caused during the stay at the property (and any insurance excess).
A bond payable in advance will be required for functions and weddings. This amount will be refunded in full, less amounts due to cover any damage, breakages or extra cleaning, one week after the event.
Smoking is allowed outside the lodge only. Please use the ash bucket provided as in dry weather cigarette butts pose a serious fire hazard, also to keep the spaces clean.
The minimum stay at the lodge is 2 nights. That minimum is higher for the Christmas and New Year period (5 nights) and Easter period (3 nights).
Venue hire is excepted from this rule.
Your booking and/or payment is deemed to be your acceptance of our terms and conditions.